Each student is responsible for the following every day:
- Be properly dressed every in a school approved uniform.
- Must have required books with them
- Must have required stationary (Note books, pencils, and other items as required by the school)
Each student must confirm to the following code of conduct:
- Respect all teachers and school staff
- Respect all fellow students
Any student who violates this policy is subject to termination.
It is NR Schools policy to expect every child to attend school daily, arrive on time and be prepared for work. If your child is ill, please call the school principal. A call or written note is required to clear an absence.
Students are expected to be at school on time (see Office and School Hours, under the Office section). Tardiness interferes with the teaching and learning of all students by disrupting the classroom environment.
Excused absences which do not result in the loss of state funding for the school are illness, quarantine, funerals immediate family, and medical appointments.
Students who are out of town or caring for a sick relative, or absent for another reason not listed under Excused Absences, have unexcused absences.
Teachers must allow students to make up tests and assignments missed during excused absences and field trips. Teachers are free to provide or not provide make-up work for unexcused absences, truancies and suspensions. Please ask your students teacher about their policy and how to make arrangements for make-up work.
Our plan for increasing student attendance includes:
- Careful monitoring of student absences;
- Administrative contact with home and student;
- School review boards as needed;
- Systematic notification of parents;
- Make up class work missed during